Answer all of the following questions on a separate page or document IN COMPLETE SENTENCES, using proper spelling, grammar, and sentence construction.
- Why do you think Curley’s wife comes to talk to Lennie? Why him?
- What is Curley’s wife’s dream? Why did she marry Curley?
- As George and Candy stand over the body, what do they realize about their dream? What type of life does George envision for himself now?
- How does Slim show his wisdom and understanding of Lennie after he examined the body?
- Find details in the novel that foreshadow the death of Curley’s wife and provide quotes as well as page numbers. Why is George sure that Lennie killed Curley’s wife? (/3)
- Re-read the conversation between Lennie and Curley’s wife on p.86-91. What do you think her motives (reasons) were when she roamed the farm flirting with the other men? In what sense is Curley’s wife no longer like a stereotype, or a one-dimensional character? How is Curley’s wife like George and Lennie? (/3)